Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things I Do When I Can't Write

Tim O'Brien once told our class, "There's no such thing as writers block." I liked that. It's not like writers block is a real thing, it's just that sometimes writing comes easy, and sometimes it doesn't. I've learned that if I push my way through the "block" before I know it, I'm writing again. And another thing, my friend Jonny has this on his wall, is "Don't get it right, get it written." I love slogans made for writers, it makes me feel like I'm in a club.

That said, when it's hard to write, like now, here's what I do:
1. Eat (I just had meatloaf and some pie. I made the meatloaf last night, it was just okay.)
2. Clean. (After I write this I will do the dishes from last nights meatloaf.)
3. Masturbate.
4. Watch TV. (How good was Lost last night?)
5. Call people I haven't spoken to in a while. (I just found out my old friend Jolene is outta the clink.)
6. ichat.
7. Put on makeup.
8. Shower or bathe with fancy products.
9. Lay on my bed and contemplate life.
10. Take a walk.

None of these things make it an easier to write. The only thing that makes writing easier, is writing. NEW SLOGAN ALERT!

Today I feel like I don't have any ideas and I can't do anything. Oh boo.