Sunday, April 6, 2008

I wanna chew my bubblegum with you

Ok, so we were at Hare Krishna sleepaway camp. We then traveled 3 hours BACK to Calcutta (Children of Men meets Sally Struthers). We then went to the airport and waited another 3 hours for a plane to some fucking city, which took an hour. Not a bad flight though.
Then we took a car for 30 minutes to Siliguri to get to a Jeep. We piled into this Jeep with 12 other people and traveled for 3 hours up, up, up into the Himalayas (just the foothills mind you) to get to Darjeeling.

HOE-LEE SHIT BALLS!!!

I'm telling you, God literally lives here. LITERALLY. If not God then definitely Santa or the Care Bears. DUDE, SANTA!!!

On another note, I can't believe I thought I could survive this trip without an ipod. We're on buses, trains, planes, and rickshaws non stop. Music is totally my boyfriend now for reals. Thanks Cindy Greene.
This is a list of songs that me and Farber have latched onto for the past...20 days. Fuck. I've been gone for 20 days?!?!

Eye of the Tiger: Survivor
Berkley Pier: Tilt
Chesterfield King: Jawbreaker
Neutron Dance: Pointer Sisters
Rise Up With Fists: Jenny Lewis
Ditty: Paperboy
Goodbye Horses: Q Lazarus
The Real Janelle: Bratmobile
Web In Front: Archers of Loaf
Lori Meyers: NOFX
This Might Be Satire: Propagandhi
Picture: Sheryl Crowe and Kid Rock
Dance 10, Looks 3: A Chorus Line
Feet: Weston
Laura: Scissor Sisters
Lovin in my Baby's Eyes: Taj Mahal
I wanna Die: Jolie Holland
Deep Inside: Mary J
Jerk of all Trades: Lunachicks
Metal Heart: Cat Power
No Spiritual Surrender: Inside Out (!)
Hare Hare Krsna Krsna: Ariel Telford
Do You Think I'm Sexy: Revolting Cocks
Weak: SWV
Back 2 Life: Soul II Soul

(ps i miss ya'll)